Sell More Capital Equipment
This blog is going to explore how you can sell more capital equipment and provide you with top tips on how to do so.
Company credit reports, a boring subject or a hidden gem?
Most companies we speak to only use company credit reports in the finance department, even then it’s mostly for credit control purposes. The general view is that if you are offering credit then you need to check the company out prior to dispatch of goods or the provision of the service.
We have been using credit reports for over 25 years. During that time, the cost per report has decreased and the quality gone up. So why then are company credit reports not used more often in the sales function of a company?
All capital equipment sales people should be trained on the basics of how to read a company credit report. It’s just as important as the basics of “decision maker, timescale and budget.” Five minutes of research can save you loads of time and give invaluable knowledge to win more business. Please believe us when we say this is a secrete sales trick to win more business that few people use.
Seven tips to help you sell more capital equipment:
- Don’t waste time on prospects where you cannot get them credit cleared. Check their credit rating first
- Don’t build up a long term relationship with a company that is contracting. Focus on those companies going places
- Who owns the company, who are the real decision makers, what other companies are they involved in?
- Keep the competition out by speaking fluently about your prospects time trading, sales improvement, great credit profile, number of employees etc
- Always keep a note of the company yearend, call your prospect before this date and discuss buying plans for next year. A simple but highly effective way to plan out your yearly calling plan
- A simple, but effective trick, always take a note of the directors age. Call them in the month of their birthday
- See who else is a director of the company, are their other key people you can network with?
There are many providers of company credit information out there. A simple Google search will find them. We use a company called Cocredo and have been for the last 17 years.
Why use Cocredo?
- The company credit report data quality is great
- The pricing is simple to understand and good value
- We can get an online credit report in under 30 seconds
- The team at Cocredo are very helpful and clearly know what they are doing
- They will help train your team on how to make the most from a company credit report
Take a look at Cocredo here: www.cocredo.co.uk
We have not been asked and are not being paid for this sales pitch, they just deserve the positive PR. We are pleased to recommend them. Ask for Dan Hancocks on 01494 790 600.