With an ever growing pressure on cash flow and bank lending figures still falling, equipment leasing is becoming an increasingly important way for businesses of all sizes in a variety of industries to finance the new technology and equipment they require.
With highly competitive interest rates and flexible agreements, there is no doubt that leasing can offer an advantageous alternative to buying as many companies have discovered.
A wide range of equipment, from computers and iPads to furniture and recycling equipment, can and is being leased by businesses across the UK. In fact, almost any type of tangible equipment can be considered for leasing along with maintenance agreements and software.
Popular types of equipment for leasing
- PCs and laptops: Over 90% of the top 100 companies now lease computer equipment. With technology moving at such a speed, leasing enables businesses to upgrade computer equipment as and when required to ensure they have the latest systems.
- Tablets (e.g. iPad, Microsoft Surface): A growing number of schools and other educational establishments, in particular, are opting to lease tablets to aid teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Photocopiers and printers: Leasing photocopiers is popular among businesses of all sizes in all sectors as it means they can pay for the equipment as they use it and can upgrade to a new model when required without having to repurchase.
- Office furniture: From seating to workstations, all types of office furniture can be leased as well as entire office refurbishments, including lighting, flooring, interior finishes and even interior design services.
- Catering equipment: From commercial ovens and freezers to coffee machines and chillers, all sorts of appliances are being leased by restaurants, caterers, cafes and food manufacturers as it enables them to quickly replace obsolete equipment and pay for the asset as they use it over time.
- Leisure and Beauty equipment: from up-to-date gym equipment to salon fit outs.
- Minibuses and vehicles: From tractors to minibuses, all types of vehicles are leased every year by private and public sector organisations.
- CCTV and security systems:
- Processing and packaging machines: From food manufacturers to pharmaceutical companies, a wide range of companies are choosing to lease systems such as labelling machines, conveyors and metal detectors.
- Medical technology: From a dentist’s chair or hospital bed to an entire operating theatre, a wide range of specialist medical equipment can be leased.
For more advice on leasing equipment for your business, download your free Essential Guide to Leasing for Business.