Obtaining an outline leasing quote could not be easier. And doing so will help your business compare the cost of leasing versus buying the capital assets you require within seconds. The interest payable on a leasing deal will depend on the amount you finance, the term of the agreement and frequency of repayments. It works just like a mortgage – the shorter the term, the less interest paid.
The table below compares the cost, for example, of a £10,000 lease agreement over various terms.
|Capital cost of lease agreement (excl VAT)
|Length of lease period
|Monthly repayment (excl VAT)
For an instant leasing quote, why not try the WestWon lease cost calculator now? (Please note that rates quoted are for illustrative purposes only and payments will vary according to your company’s individual circumstances and leasing requirement.)
If you are thinking of leasing your equipment, machinery, office furniture, office fit out or IT hardware, software and services, there are a few points you should remember:
Top Tips for Leasing
- First and foremost, if something seems ‘too good to be true’ it may well be not what it seems.
- What are the early settlement terms and notice required to terminate the lease before the end of the agreed lease period? Ensure that you are aware of any early exit penalties there may be in the contract.
- Always read the small print. If there is a service contract associated with the lease contract, ensure that you know what it covers and what rights you have should you not be satisfied either with the performance of the equipment or with the quality of service you receive. In particular, check what happens if you wish to terminate both the lease and service contract, for example, should the leased equipment continually malfunction.
- Scrutinise your potential supplier closely. Find out how long they have been trading and ask for reference sites.
- If you have to pay a supplier a deposit, make sure it is correctly documented and inform the leasing company.
- Take particular interest in any settlement figures that you wish to include in a new lease when upgrading an existing lease. This is especially important when dealing with photocopiers.
- Look out for additional charges such as documentation fees and administration fees, so you have a full understanding of total costs.
- Don’t sign a ‘certificate of satisfaction’ or ‘certificate of acceptance’ before you have received delivery of the equipment as this document releases the money from the leasing company to the supplier.
For all your leasing queries, please contact WestWon on Tel: 01494 611 456 or alternatively, you can download more information about how to get the best leasing deals here – Financing Your Business Plans: Free Guide to Leasing